Empowering and encouraging unbanked and under-banked individuals through financial education and awareness to take steps toward financial stability.
Banks and credit unions across South Alabama came together to create solutions for people who need the benefits of a bank or credit union. Each of us cares about the well-being of our community, and we know that high-interest loans and check-cashing fees hold our neighbors back from financial security and success.
We formed Bank On South Alabama to make it easier for everyone to have access to the right kind of checking account, savings account and guidance.
Accounts with Bank On partners typically include benefits like these:
- No or low minimum opening balance/monthly balance
- No or low maintenance fees
- Direct deposit of your paycheck or benefits
- Debit card included
- Online banking
How it Works
1. Choose a bank or credit union that participates in Bank On South Alabama programs. You may choose from a list of our partners on www.bankonsouthalabama.org or call United Way’s 2-1-1 for help.
2. Visit the bank or credit union. Bring a photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state ID card, etc.) along with your social security number or individual taxpayer identification number.
3. The bank or credit union you choose will explain options and help you open an account to reach your goals.
4. Ask about special classes to help you get the most from your money and your new account.
To learn more for yourself or your business call Jennifer King at 251-602-0011.