Free Education Workshops Each Month
Consumer Credit Counseling Services of Mobile offers free educational workshops each month
Visit the Calendar page for dates and times. Please call 251-602-0011 to reserve your spot for a workshop you would like to attend.
The workshops cover the following topics:
- Money Management - Develop spending plans, money management skills and other goal setting techniques.
- Couples & Money - Get information on how to save for your future! Learn about programs available (Like IRA's, 401k, etc). The different kinds of investment and risks involved, and common strategies used. Information on life insurance is also included.
- Car Buying 101 - Purchasing an auto can be a stressful time and costly mistakes can affect you for years. Learn the tools of the trade when it comes to dealer offers and financing. Let us also show you why used autos may sometimes be the better choice.
- Understanding Credit Reports - This workshop is designed to help you understand credit worthiness as seen through the creditor's eyes & all aspects of your personal credit report. Feel free to bring in your recent credit report or call 251-602-0011 to obtain one ahead of time. Learn how to increase your score to qualify for better rates and offers.
- Identity Theft - Bring your questions for a group discussion. Topics will include understanding your credit report; handling mail and phone solicitations and protecting your credit identity.
- Predatory Lending & High Cost Loans - The abusive practices by lenders have increased. Learn some of the more common practices and how the Equal Credit Opportunity Act & Fair Housing Act protect you against discrimination. Also, learn how much high fee loans are costing you and how to avoid them.
If you would like to schedule a speaker for your office, group or other event about the topics above or any other financial related topics, please call 251-602-0011 or fill out this form or email to email@example.com.