Help Me Grow Alabama is a free information and referral line that utilizes 2-1-1 Connects Alabama to help connect families of children birth to age eight to health and developmental resources in their community. Contact Amelia Leonard, Help Me Grow Care Coordinator, 251-431-5100 ext 234 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use our free resource tool, the Well Visit Planner to help you prepare for your child’s next visit. It asks a few questions based on your child’s age and lets you know items you could talk with your doctor about at the child’s next check-up.
How does Help Me Grow work?
The four program components are:
- Making the Connection. Partner with 2-1-1 Connects Alabama to receive confidential calls from family members regarding a child’s developmental or behavioral concerns, assess the child’s needs and available resources, and refer families to developmental services.
- Building the Network. Develop ongoing relationships with programs in the community and support the maintenance of an updated resource inventory.
- Educating Providers. Educate professionals about the importance of developmental surveillance and screening while promoting access to developmental services.
- Identifying Gaps and Barriers. Collect data and analyze to document and identify needs to more effectively connect families to community resources.
Who can use Help Me Grow?
Anyone can call if they are:
- Wondering about a child’s development, behavior or learning
- Needing support to access services
- Assisting a client, family member, or friend seek information about developmental services
- Requesting inclusion of an organization in the developmental services database for referrals
Help Me Grow will:
- Listen to concerns and help decide which referrals are best for families
- Find services that are appropriate and available for referrals
- Connect children to services
- Follow up to find out if a successful connection was made
For more information visit the website at www.helpmegrowalabama.org.